Sunday 28 April 2013

1 Year On...

10202 page views. 50 published posts, countless drafts, 44 followers and 194 comments. Thursday of last week was the one year birthday of my blog, so I meant to post this then but I ended up being busy (more on that later...) and so, like usual, this is super late. The last year has been an amazing 12 months so I thought I would do a post on what has changed in my life since I started writing this blog.

I feel like this year of my life - going from age 16 to 17 - has changed me so much in so many ways. 12 months is both such a short time when its over and what feels like forever while you are in the middle of living it. How much can really change in 52 weeks? How can you expect to be a different person in only 365 days? But looking back at how much is new and different about myself than from a year ago, its so surprising to see how you used to be. I've discovered what (I think) I really want to do in the future; I've learned more this year about my family than I knew before and this is something I hope I can say every year. I've met lovely new people and got closer to old friends, as well as bonding with people I had barely talked to before this year who I now can't imagine not having in my life. I've worked hard this year, maybe not quite hard enough all of the time, and have the folders of notes, the highlighted copies of English texts and the January exam results to (almost) prove it. I started my first real job this year and I wore my first prom dress (and am already excited for the second one next year!)

This year was when I decided to stay a vegetarian, when I went from 4 piercings to 7 and fell in love with my nose stud. This year I became a person who drinks coffee in the mornings and tea at any other time possible. This year I began driving lessons and discovered its nowhere near as scary as I thought before; this year I started running and realised how much it had been missing from my life until now. This year I listened to music that made me happy and had my first real (and hopefully my worst) experiences with drinking. This year I began watching the news and reading newspapers for reasons other than the fashion section or to see what's on TV. This year I fell in love with a certain university campus in East Anglia and even more so with a certain course - and not just because of the options to study abroad...


This year I saw the Killers live twice, went to Pink's "The Truth About Love" Tour, saw Frank Turner, the 1975 and took my lovely mum to see the Pogues. This year I feel like I've learnt a lot about who I am and what I want from my life. This year was the first year in a while that I've happy for more of than I've been sad. I've changed my hair this year more than any other year before, and despite the split ends, finally feel happy with it, although it could be time for another change again soon... This year I discovered blogging and have learnt so much from reading so many wonderful people's writing and been amazed and excited when people wanted to read and comment on mine. This year was the first year of my life in sixth form and hopefully the first of very many years of making amazing memories with people I love.

What are you looking forward to in the next weeks, months and year of your life? Personally, I can't wait to visit Greece (hopefully!) with my family in the summer, see more music - when is Taylor Swift going to announce her UK tour dates already?!?! - and most importantly, write about it all.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - they make me smile and I promise to try and answer them all :)